Thursday, December 16, 2010

Candy making day.

In one of my recent posts, I told a little about candy making day, well here is the "continuing post" Now, I'm not trying to make your mouth water or make you hungry, so please forgive me if I do succeed in doing that. Every year around this time my family has a annual "Candy making day" We go over to my Nana's house ( She lives right across the street from us) and make candy all day long. For the past few years we've started making up some of our candy, and just bringing it with us, as the kitchen isn't big enough for everything we bake! (Though my Nana's kitchen is pretty big!) We had candy making day today, we made candy all day long. We stopped around noon to have a sandwich and then continued baking cookies! Towards the end of the afternoon the baking slows, and we all take time to box up the candy we want, and taste test. (Everyone's favourite part!) Below are a few pictures I took. Sorry they aren't very good, I wasn't trying to make them good, I was just flashing them quickly, as I was in everyone's way with my camera!

Zee vonderful Chocolate Peanut Clusters
Spiced pecans. (I could eat a million of those!)
Hello Dollies. (I wonder why they are called that...)
Toffee! My second favourite! *diez*
Peppermint bark. Yummy!
Chocolate pretzel thingys...
More chocolate pretzel thingys..
Chocolate caramel pecan pretzel thingy's.
White chocolate pretzels! <3

Annnnd My all time favourite! Pecan chew! <3
This is pretty hard to make, usually it turns out too hard!
Deeeeeeluuuucious!

Well! Is your mouth watering yet? Looking over the pictures, I realized I forgot fudge! Oh well. You'll just have to imagine what it looks like. I hope this isn't torture reading this post... I sure had my full share of candy today :)

Gott segne und frohe Weihnachten!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, Lauren, das ist wunderbar! I would hop on a plane to OK and steal some right now, only I have tons of candy of my own here, more than I know what to do with. ;) Those look delicious, Anna, ya'll did a great job making them, I can tell. =)
    Blessings,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my mouth is watering. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Quickly closes mouth* GAH!! Darn you, Cheezer! You have made me drool all over my desk!! lol!

    Man, those are DANG good looking, girl! You guys sure know how to cook! ;) Which is odd, because my sister and I JUST had a baking day and made ALLLL kinds of sweets! LOL

    Those pretzel things look like what my sister had, except our's was oreos! =D

    Great post! And btw, LOVE your blog. It's beautiful. ♥

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so yummy!

    I went over to my grandparents' house today to do the same thing! We made two different kinds of fudge, and then we made sugar cookies. Oh, and Black Walnut Muffins....

    Later! ~ Baby Girl

    ReplyDelete